Please send your CV to:
Jobs - We offer Chances
|Title||Final Project Evaluation - Sustainable and Inclusive Rural Economic Development in Kosovo (SIRED)|
|Position||International & National Experts|
|Origin of funding||Caritas Switzerland|
|Duration||04/2023 - 06/2023|
The SIRED project (03/2020 - 09/2023) aimed to promote more sustainable and inclusive market systems by increasing producers and market actors and enhancing their income and productivity, thus contributing to poverty reduction of rural populations, particularly women and marginalized social groups in the municipalities of Prishtinë/Priština, Graçanicë/Gracanica, Novobërdë/Novo Brdo, Kamenicë/a, Ranil(l)ug, Shtërpcë/Štrpce, Viti/Vitina, Dragash/Dragaš, Prizren and Suharekë/Suva Reka. The project - through the Market System Development Approach (MSD) - was to provide market actors with solutions that respond to systemic constraints and their underlying reasons. Most of the causes of underperformance do not lie in the relationships between the market actors, but in interconnected supporting functions and rules that shall enhance the value chains which are to some extent dysfunctional or not adequate. The SIRED project – through its interventions - was to provide solutions to improve these interconnected functions and strengthen the specific value chains of selected agricultural sectors.
The main purpose of this Evaluation is to provide an independent assessment of the project implementation and whether it has delivered the intended outputs and achieved its expected outcomes considering relevance, coherence and effectiveness, taking into consideration cross-cutting issues such as gender equality, social inclusion and environment.
The evaluation team should consist of a pool of consultants (an international evaluation specialist and a local evaluation specialist is a must), who will work jointly to achieve the expected results. The international evaluation specialist is leading the team and is the lead author of the evaluation. The consultant will work together with the local specialist in close coordination with the SIRED Project Manager and the M&E Coordinator. The project team will provide administrative and logistical support as needed.
1. Team Leader (int.)
- At least master’s degree in agriculture, rural development or International Development, or any other relevant university degree related to the evaluation
- At least 8 years of experience in working with international development and evaluating according to the OECD/DAC criteria
- Solid experience in programme/project evaluation proven by at least two evaluation roles as “Team Leader” is required
- Working experience in the Balkans is an asset
2. The team should combine the following qualifications:
- Significant knowledge of the MSD approach in the team
- Profound technical expertise in the field of rural development, agriculture and development, private sector and business development
- Extensive expertise, knowledge and experience in the field of evaluation of development programmes
- Extensive experience in qualitative data collection (planning and conduction of interviews/focus groups)
- Knowledge of the local and national agricultural market
- Excellent understanding of results-focused evaluations
- Excellent communication skills in English, Albanian and Serbian language (for the local consultant)
Nordafrika, lokale und regionale Wirtschaftsförderung+
Teamleiter/-in im Bereich lokale und regionale Wirtschaftsförderung für laufende / kommende Angebote in Nordafrika (frankophones Afrika) für die Analyse von Wirtschaftssektoren und Wertschöpfungsketten...