|Title||Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Program - Phase I|
|Type of project||Construction, Extension & Rehabilitation of TVET Schools|
|Client||Ministry of Education (MoE), Kabul, Afghanistan|
|Origin of funding||KfW Development Bank, Frankfurt, Germany|
|Duration||01/2011 - 06/2017|
The aim of the TVET Program is the responsive provision of technical vocational education and training (TVET) facilities for Afghanistan. It is a contribution to the implementation of the TVET Development Plan of the Ministry of Education (MoE) and complements the activities of other donors and organisations in the Afghan TVET sector. The Financial Cooperation (FC) Program is being integrated in the German Government’s assistance to the reconstruction of the vocational education sector in Afghanistan.
The Financial Cooperation (FC) Program, in conjunction with the Technical Cooperation (TC) activities, supports the efforts of the MoE in improving this situation.
The TVET Program consists of the following three main components:
1. Design, construction and extension of vocational education and training institutions
- Construction of new vocational schools and institutes;
- Extension of the Kabul Mechanical Institute (KMI) by a second dormitory and provision of equipment for newly erected workshops and classrooms;
- Improvement of the existing workshops and erecting 2 dormitories at the Oil + Gas Institute at Mazar-e-Sharif.
2. Definition, specification and procurement of teaching and training equipment for the TVET Programme institutions.
3. Initial training and start-up support for operation and maintenance (O&M) of equipment, building and infrastructure.