|Title||Development of a Labour Market Information System and Career Guidance Services|
|Type of project||Employment and Labour Market|
|Client||Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs|
|Origin of funding||Millenium Challenge Corporation (MCC), Washington, D.C., United States|
|Duration||04/2011 - 03/2012|
The overall objective of the consultancy services within the MCA TVET Programme was to design a Labour Market Information System (LMIS) and Career Guidance Services (CGS) and to conduct related capacity building and training activities to run LMIS and CGS implementation efficiently.
The LMIS was tailored to the current needs in Mongolia, flexible enough for adjustment to possible future needs. Preference was given to a straightforward user-friendly LMIS rather than a sophisticated system that is too complicated for its users.
The career guidance service helps students to obtain information to plan an appropriate career. A career information system consists of school preparation for the career choice process:
- to learn to work with information and to use it to make responsible decisions,
- to have a basic knowledge about the world of labour and education,
- to draw a basic picture about relevant professional and educational opportunities,
- to know possible obstacles in the labour market, and
- to gradually recognize one's own interests and abilities.