|Title||Architect-Engineer Services for the Design and Construction Supervision of |
the University of Syiah Kuala FKIP Teacher Training Facility Project
|Type of project||Procurement|
|Client||Syiah Kuala University, Banda Aceh|
|Origin of funding||United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Washington, D.C., United States|
|Duration||03/2008 - 06/2011|
The objective of the Project was to extend the capacity of the teacher training faculty at the Syiah Kuala University (UNSYIAH) in Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam province.
PEM CONSULT provided architectural / engineering services and project management for the construction of a three storey educational training facility with approximately 10.000 m2 floor space as an extension of the present facilities. Main components of the project were:
1) Preparation of the architectural and engineering design including:
- Preparation of the complete detailed design for the whole facilities;
- Special condition and other documents necessary for the Bidding Document;
- Development of a plan and technical tender documents for rehabilitation of the existing faculty building;
- Plan for the provision of a safe water source and emergency power supply for the new facilities.
2) Tendering and contracting of the construction works:
- Assisting USAID in the technical evaluation and contracting of the works.
3) Construction / Project management:
- Site supervision, supervision of tests, approval of materials and equipment as necessary;
- Provisional acceptance and supervision of punch list works;
- Progress monitoring and reporting;