|Title||Sustainable Economic Development through Technical and Vocational Education and Training|
|Type of project||Education and Labour Market|
|Client||Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) / the Ministry of Industry (MoI) /|
the Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration (MoMT)
|Origin of funding||KfW Development Bank, Frankfurt, Germany|
|Duration||10/2013 - 12/2016|
The programme is set up in order to prepare, manage and supervise the procurement of equipment to various technical and vocational training (TVET) institutions in occupational fields relevant to selected provinces of Indonesia.
The purpose of the Programme is to increase and upgrade the capacity of TVET institutions with respect to labour market needs. This is to contribute to improve employability of the Indonesian workforce and the productivity of Indonesian companies.
The loan of 19 million Euro shall support investments and consulting services as follows:
- Preparation of the lists of equipment proposed for the TVET institutions.
- Detailed technical specification of the equipment, preparation of the bills of quantities, and all components of the tender documents.
- Assisting the PMU in tendering, procurement, inspection, supervision of the installation, testing and handing over of the equipment.
- Supervision and quality control of the installation of the equipment and the initial training of staff of the education and training institutions by the supplier / manufacturer.
- Supporting the Local Governments and the Programme Institutions, which are responsible for rehabilitation and civil works, in the assessment of the available space, buildings and infrastructure and the definition of the need for rehabilitation, extension or new construction.
- Coordination of the necessary rehabilitation and civil works for the installation of the equipment and the timing for the implementation with the PMU, the Local Governments and the Programme Institutions.
- Prepare and implement initial teacher and instructor training measures for the use of equipment and its integration into the curricula.