|Armenia Regulatory Simplification - Doing Business Reform Project
|Type of project
|Sustainable Economic Development
|Ministry of Economy, Yerevan
|Origin of funding
|International Finance Corporation (IFC), Washington, D.C., United States
|02/2011 - 08/2011
The project component implemented by PEM CONSULT and its partners contributed to the creation of a risk-based inspection system in Armenia.
Project activities comprised:
- Helping Armenian Government understand risk-based approaches in pilot inspections and initiate work on this area - suggesting options with regard to a more optimal, cost efficient and effective inspection system in Armenia;
- Setting up databases of businesses under supervision for several key regulatory agencies, including the necessary data to allow for risk-based planning of inspections [including setting up data collection mechanisms etc.];
- Developing and implementing mechanisms for inspection targeting;
- Developing inspection check-lists for several key regulatory agencies in the most important business sectors;
- Training the personnel of these inspection agencies in using the new tools.