|Title||Innovation and digitalisation in SMEs in Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Type of project||Local Economic Development|
|Client||Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany|
|Origin of funding||BMZ|
|Duration||11/2019 - 04/2021|
Bosnia & Herzegovina
The GIZ, in partnership with the Ministry for Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of Bosnia and Herzegovina and other relevant public and private partners is implementing the project Innovation and digitalisation in SMEs in Bosnia and Herzegovina aimed at strengthening SMEs in selected sectors in BiH to make greater use of opportunities to increase their competitiveness through innovation and digitalisation in three interlinked intervention areas (outputs):
- Awareness raising and sensibilisation
- Innovation and digitalisation services
- Policies and partnerships
The project / module objective is thus: The requirements for innovations and digitalisation at SMEs have improved. And its achievement is measured by two indicators as follows:
1. 90 (out of which 20 companies managed by women) out of 180 companies supported by the project show an improvement in two out of five of the following categories:
- they have tapped into new markets (or acquired new client groups);
- a new business model (including also digital aspects) has been introduced;
- new products or services (including digital products or services) have been introduced;
- the degree of digital maturity has been improved;
- a (process) innovation has been introduced.
2. 120 out of 180 SMEs supported by the project confirm the usefulness of services provided by private suppliers (e.g. IT companies, incubators, accelerator programmes, start-up companies or technology institutes) based on an example.
The assignment is to contribute to a cooperative and trustful cooperation with the GIZ Project Management to achieve the project objective and its indicators. Therefore, international and national short-term experts will implement selected and pre-defined work packages.