|Title||KOSVET V - Development of VET quality assurance, accreditation and development of the |
National Qualifications Authority and the National Qualification Framework
|Type of project||Vocational Education and Training|
|Client||Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST)|
|Origin of funding||European Commission - EuropeAid, Brussels, Belgium|
|Duration||09/2009 - 12/2011|
The project specifically supported the development of a system of quality assurance, accreditation and qualifications in Kosovo, particularly in Vocational Education and Training. It supported the development and capacity building of the Qualifications Authority in Kosovo and the implementation of the National Qualifications Framework in compatibility and alignment with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
- produced essential material and operational tools related to the legal framework of qualifications and VET quality assurance, the National Qualifications Law and established the effective functioning of quality assurance in Kosovo as well as the implementation of the National Qualifications Framework;
- developed and implemented the legal framework and infrastructure for accreditation of VET providers with national standards established and with monitoring and review systems set up for VET Qualifications in alignment with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF);
- produced and advanced VET qualifications, curriculum materials, quality assurance manuals and guides;
- strengthened and developed the technical and administrative capacity of the National Qualification Authority and of other relevant beneficiary institutions;
- raised awareness amongst the wider public regarding the role and functions of the NQA and NQF.
For further information please visit www.akk-ks.net