|Title||Investment and Export Promotion - Automotive Components Industry|
|Type of project||Sustainable Economic Development|
|Client||Automotive Cluster of Macedonia (ACM)|
|Origin of funding||Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany|
|Duration||08/2010 - 12/2012|
The overall objective of this project was to improve the international competitiveness of Macedonian SMEs in the automotive component sector.
The project had two components:
1. Organisational development of the Automotive Cluster of Macedonia (ACM)
- Development of a cluster strategy / action plan;
- Enabling the cluster management to ensure sustainable financing, coaching of members, acquisition of new members and performance improvement.
2. Development and provision of demand-oriented services for the ACM members
- Provision of demand-oriented services for export promotion;
- Awareness raising and dissemination of information;
- Technology transfer / cooperation;
- Development and implementation of location marketing;
- Development and use of other international cooperation networks.
The project also developed two manuals: “Marketing Plan for the automotive sector” and a “Export Promotion Handbook”. Both handbooks can be downloaded here.