|Title||Expertise Center for the Programme to Support SMEs/SMIs and Information and|
Communication Technology management (PME 2)
|Type of project||Sustainable Economic Development|
|Client||Ministry of SMI, Algiers|
|Origin of funding||European Commission - EuropeAid, Brussels, Belgium|
|Duration||03/2011 - 03/2014|
The comprehensive project focused on the setting up and running of an expertise centre to be responsible for providing services in the fields of consultancy, training and information to SMEs that comply with international good practices.
The aims of the PME 2 programme were to:
- efficiently meet the modernisation needs of Algerian SMEs by mobilising experts specialised in the various areas of business intervention;
- support the process of strengthening structures to support SMEs, with a view to helping make the targeted productive industries more competitive.
More specifically, this involved setting up an expertise centre to be responsible for providing services in the
fields of consultancy, training, information and study able to:
- contribute to consolidating the process of upgrading businesses, which have already begun a modernisation programme, whilst supporting the SME leaders in their sector with performing pilot modernisation actions;
- make it possible to develop the setting up of quality systems within SMEs;
- encourage SMEs to disseminate and use ICTs;
- contribute to developing sector-based structures to support SMEs (professional associations, employers' unions, etc.).