|Title||Feasibility Study "Centres of Excellence in TVET" and "Promotion of TVET"|
|Type of project||Education and Labour Market, Vocational Education & Training (VET)|
|Client||Ministry of Education and Technical Education (MoETE) & Misr El-Kheir Foundation (MEK)|
|Origin of funding||KfW Development Bank, Frankfurt, Germany|
|Duration||07/2016 - 12/2017|
PEM CONSULT is entrusted with the elaboration of a Feasibility Study to investigate ideas and outlines for two projects:
- “Centres of Excellence in TVET” which entails constructing and equipping a TVET school in renewable energies (RE) for educating technicians and skilled workers that are needed in the RE sector. This way, the Centre shall contribute to better income and employment perspectives of youth in Egypt.
- “Promotion of TVET” for which three potential options are available: (i) setting up a second school (it could be for RE or any other needed sector) or (ii) establishing a cross-company training centre for small and medium enterprises to send their dual system TVET students for practical training (iii) rehabilitating and equipping existing public TVET schools (based on an analysis of Egyptian needs and priorities and subject to selection according to pre-defined criteria).
Services provided are:
- Research and fact finding missions on the TVET sector, Labour Market, Stakeholder Analysis
- Research on the skill needs in the Egyptian renewable energies sector, stakeholder and investors analysis
- Research on location for the CoE
- Elaboration of project outlines
- Presentation to the stakeholders
- Selection of most suitable project concepts and further elaboration of detailed designs incl. TVET programmes to be offered, technical assistance requirements, cost estimates etc.